- This event has passed.
Mixed Media Mania with Guest Nancy Lefko – $72
September 10, 2016 @ 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM$72.00
Guest Teacher. Technique Class. Art Journaling.
Color, color and more color! Unleash your creativity with acrylic paints, oil pastels, water-soluble crayons, decorative papers and inks. Use ordinary objects as print-makers to add texture and design, and create canvases that burst with color and originality! We’ll play with layer upon layer of media infused with design and texture. Think “fingers covered in paint, inks and gel medium” while creating canvases that evolve and grow and reflect the beauty of the individual.
Students need to bring:
- 2 stretched canvases with staple-free sides; 8” x 8” or larger. Gallery wrapped is preferred.
- Assorted FLUID acrylic paints; craft grade is fine. (e.g. Ceramcoat is fine) Variety of colors; I will have colors to share, but you may have certain colors you prefer. Think LIGHTS/DARKS and COMPLIMENTARY/CONTRAST.
- Assorted decorative scrap-booking papers. Solid colors are good too. Regular, not flocked, glitter or vellum, etc. (You may want to think along the same color lines as your paints.)
- Matte acrylic GEL (Not to be confused with FLUID matte medium, which won’t work for our purposes.)
- Hard rubber brayer.
- 3/4” flat paintbrush or 1” chip brush (old one is fine; to be used with gel medium.)
- Paintbrush: round or flat approx. 1/2”
- Regular BLACK Sharpie® marker
- BIC Wite-Out Correction pen
- Baby Wipes
- Hair dryer or heat gun
- Water receptacle (soup can is fine)
Would you like to sign up online? Click on Sign Up Here! below: