- This event has passed.
Let’s Talk Texture – Part 1 with Dana – $22
January 15, 2017 @ 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM$22
Let’s Talk Texture! PLEASE NOTE: This class date has changed.
Join me for four sessions on all things texture! Each class will focus on a different way to add texture to your projects. No matter what your favorite art project, texture will enhance to it! If you are an experienced texture person or have never used the products before, come and enjoy some basic techniques as well as some techniques you may not have thought about. You don’t have to attend all four classes – each class is separate from the others.
How many times have you taken a class only to go home and not remember how you got the results? We will use shipping tags with descriptions on the reverse for each technique so you will have a portable reference to use at home. Each class will show how the products work on both white and black backgrounds as many of these mediums work differently on a colored background
Our first class will be all about texture paste. This very basic of texture mediums can be used in many ways to create beautiful highs and lows on your projects. We will start with the basics and then create some unique patterns and creative spaces. We will experiment with some of our other texture mediums found in the store. Each product will give different results.
Our second class will be all about the other texture mediums – crackle pastes, grit pastes, fiber pastes, and heavy body gesso and gel mediums. These are some of the most imaginative and inventive ways to add beautiful resists and texture to your projects.
Our third class will be all about the other stuff. Things like tape, chipboard, deli papers, found objects and findings. These all give your projects an opportunity to not only have texture but incorporate something that is meaningful and special to you in them.
Our fourth class is where your personal creativity will get the opportunity to soar. Using the techniques from the first three classes each of you will create a canvas, card, journal page, or layout. Whatever project makes your creativity flow. You can use one medium or many mediums. This is a piece as unique as you!
Let’s Talk texture – In the beginning….
In the beginning there was texture paste. This wonderful medium is used to create patterns, raised areas, and valley areas on your art projects.
This class will give you many methods of applying this paste – it’s not just for stenciling. We will focus on the Kept Creations texture paste – it is a fantastic archival quality product. We will learn how to enhance this great product with color, additional texture and unique mark makers. We will use both black and white gesso as the base for the different techniques so you can see how the medium works on both white and colored backgrounds.
For this class please bring with you:
- White and black gesso – we have both available in the store
- Texture paste – if you have it. If not, we will have some for you to try before you buy.
- Any stencils you would like to use
- Any unique mark making items – think outside the box.
- Pallet knife or credit card for spreading the paste
- Acrylic paints –-pick three of your favorites. A word about paints. A heavy body acrylic (usually in a tube) will keep your paste heavier than a bottle style acrylic. But if what you have is a bottle by all means bring them! They work-just differently.
- Glitter or glass beads if you have them.
- I would suggest an apron or wear something you don’t mind getting messy.
- Something to write with – pen or pencil is fine
- And the most important thing – bring your enthusiasm!
Would you like to sign up online? Click on Sign Up Here! below: