- This event has passed.
Junk Journal with Dana – $40
August 12, 2017 @ 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM$50
Mixed Media. Book Making.
Intrigued by the title?
One woman’s trash is another’s treasure. In this case everything is a treasure!
Junk journals are just a wonderful way to get all those leftover papers and envelopes and gelli prints into a useful little book. So grab all those pieces you have thrown into a box to use “someday” because “someday” is here! Save those extra envelopes too! Bits of ephemera and tags and cards are fantastic to use in these journals.
There is no right way to make a junk journal. That is the beauty of these journals. They can have as much stuff in them as you want to put into it and they don’t have to all be the same size. The papers can be of varying weights also. Deli papers, watercolor papers, scrapbook papers, cardstock. These are all fair game for a journal.
Once we get all the papers together we will make two styles of journals – one with a chipboard cover and one with a recycled envelope as a cover. And this means two different binding methods. One with rings and one simply stitched.
If you have the junk journal that you started last year, bring it and we’ll get it bound!
Keep in mind these are only two of the many many ways to create these journals. Your cover is a very personal expression so I will give you suggestions but expect you will want to make it your own.
Finally, you get it together and now what to do with it? USE IT!!!! Write those notes in it, journal in it – add marks and writings and drawings. They make beautiful beginnings for more art!
What to bring:
- Paper stuff – everything and anything paper related. Gelli prints, leftover papers from other projects, tags, ephemera, pieces of notebook papers, paper bags, envelopes cards, anything goes!!!
- If you like to ink edges of papers, bring your favorite inks and daubers to do that
- Rubber stamps and stamp pads – these make wonderful additions. Think images and words.
- Flat embellishments for the pages – doilies, flat cut outs – those things.
- Laces, ribbons, strings and cords – all make great additions to this journal.
- Adhesives both liquid and dry.
- White gesso and a paint brush.
- Acrylic paints in your favorite colors-just a few!
- Texture paste and a stencil – don’t bring your whole studio!!
Of course if you need to add to your paper stash, Kept has an amazing bunch of papers that can be used to add to your stash.
Would you like to sign up online? Click on Sign Up Here! below: