- This event has passed.
Brick by Brick with Guest Artist, Seth Apter
June 25, 2016 @ 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM$110
In this urban art workshop, we will create a layered and textured work of art that resembles a brick wall that you might find in any city in the world. Working on large sheets of watercolor paper, we start with a series of surface design painting techniques. Your painted papers will then be torn up and reassembled into artful bricks. As part of this process, you will learn a method to dimensional layer text within the depths of the paper so that you can add the word or words of your choice to your wall. Once built, a series of techniques will be shared to finish off your surface, including aging your wall, adding graffiti, and more.
Please bring with you to class:
- White gesso
- Acrylic paint (assorted colors)
- Paint brushes (2 inch/1 inch cheap bristle brushes work well)
- Water container and paint palette
- Water mister
- Scissors or craft knife/cutting mat
- Favorite adhesive for collage
- Favorite mark making tools (pens, markers, pencils, crayons, etc)
- Assorted rubber, cling, and/or clear stamps (background designs)
- Permanent Ink Pads (StazOn is my favorite)
Instructor will provide: stretched canvas, watercolor paper, cardstock, book pages, sandpaper, stencils for shared use, baby wipes, paper towels, and all basic supplies on the list to share (in case you are unable to find or bring something)
Would you like to sign up online?
Click on Sign Up Here! below:
There will be no refunds on guest teachers. You may send a friend in your spot instead.