- This event has passed.
Break Free Altered Canvas with Dana – $28
July 8, 2017 @ 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM$28
Come join me to create this very personal canvas. It is done using the “Phoenix Rising” story to create something unique.
I used junk chipboard pieces, broken beads, and pieces of glass to create the bottom part of the canvas.
Torn grunge cloth that transitions up to the dress of the female form as she rises from the debris on beautiful high-impact purple feathered wings create the focal piece.
Using cut words from old book pages I selected negative words and thoughts for the debris field. Behind the figure I selected positive affirmations from the same pages.
This piece is meant to be a personal piece. There are some techniques I will share but it is meant to be all yours.
I will have all the products I used for this piece to share but I encourage you to bring the following:
- Chipboard junk – the pieces left over after the main image has been removed work great
- Any pieces of broken jewelry or bits that you want to use
- Book pages to cut up
- Cheese cloth – I used “Girly Grunge Cloth” from Donna Salazar
- Heavy Body Gesso – white
- Distress Sprays or Dylusions Sprays – I picked some yellows, white, as well as some dark blue, red, purple, brown and black.
- Texture Paste and one background stencil
- I also have used the Pentart waxes-chameleon and metals for enhancement. If you have Nuvo Pastes they work as well.
- Adhesives-3-D gel for heavy items and a good liquid adhesive for the rest.
- Heat tool to enhance the drying of the piece.
- Gloves-the sprays can stain
- Brushes and a Palette knife or silicone brush
Would you like to sign up online? Click on Sign Up Here! below: