- This event has passed.
Bliss Canvas with Dana – $25
September 24, 2016 @ 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM$25
Find your artistic Bliss as we make a canvas with lots of found objects. We will be using sprays and pigmented powders for color as well as stencils, texture paste and of course all manner of 3-demensional found objects. The idea of this canvas is to create a piece of art that is uniquely you!
On this canvas I have used a combination of found metal pieces, chipboard, scraps of wooden cut-outs from other projects, and metal tape. Choose whatever speaks to you – if you need inspiration, Kim has amazing chipboard pieces and metal findings that would make fantastic additions. Keep in mind it doesn’t matter the color – it will be all covered with – BLACK GESSO!!! Look for fun textures – DO NOT STRESS OVER IT!!!
Bring with you to class:
- Your treasures
- Background stencils – for texture
- Texture paste
- Black Gesso – I used Kept Creations – it is a fantastic consistency and coverage
- Wet adhesive-gel medium, pva glue something like that
- A strong adhesive – like E6000 to hold the bigger pieces to the canvas. Gel medium may not be strong enough depending on what objects you bring.
- Spray inks – if you do not have them, no worries there will be some to use. If you do bring them keep in mind white will be a key color to bring (or off-white). That makes the magic
- Pigment powders if you have them – not Colorburst-sorry doesn’t work for this technique. I have them if you don’t
- I used a black permanent marker for lettering and a wink of Stella pen for highlights
Would you like to sign up online? Click on Sign Up Here! below: