- This event has passed.
52 Card Pickup with Guest Instructor Seth Apter
May 20, 2017 @ 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM$130
Guest Instructor. Mixed Media
A deck…52 cards. A year…52 weeks. Make the most of this synchronicity by creating a one-of-a-kind, mixed media journal that you can use to document a year in your life, week by week. In this workshop we will start by taking an ordinary deck of playing cards and, by using paint and paper, end up with a unique and personal journal small in size but large in impact. Press play when you enter the room because the techniques in this workshop are all about letting go, creating without thinking, and allowing your inner-artist to emerge. Along the way you will learn the secrets of layered backgrounds, the basics of collage composition, and tricks of the trade to literally tie it all together. In this class, you will always be dealt a winning hand.
Student Supply List:
- Deck of regulation size playing cards, covered on both sides with black gesso prior to the workshop
- Fluid acrylic paints (assorted colors)
- Paint brushes (1 inch or ½ inch and smaller)
- Water container and paint palette
- Favorite adhesive for collage
- Water mister
- Craft or make-up sponges
- Favorite mark making tools (pens, markers, pencils, crayons, etc)
- Washi tape (in color to go with your paint palette)
- Fabric strip or narrow ribbon (about 3 feet long, in color to go with your paint palette)
- Collage material (decorative and printed paper, ephemera, clip art, rub-ons, stickers, letters, words & phrases in any form, etc.) – remember we are working small!
- Permanent Ink Pads (Assorted colors, StazOn or Archival Ink)
- Stencils and stamps (optional as I will have a variety for shared use, but feel free to bring your own favorites)
Instructor will provide: Journal covers, stamps & stencils to share, and all basic supplies (except for the deck of cards) on the list to share (in case you are unable to find or bring something)
Would you like to sign up online? Click on Sign Up Here! below:
Please call the store to sign up. 781-447-4010